Hello everyone! We had such a wonderful week in Pre-K with it being our first week with our full classes. We made new friends and completed many fun activities together. This week we completed activities based on two stories, Pete the Cat – I Love My White Shoes. In our Pete the Cat story, we learned about what we do when we have small problems (Pete keeps stepping in some interesting things! Does he cry? Goodness no!). We read the story together and then repeated it on the second day using the felt board! The students loved helping tell the story 🙂
We made two awesome art projects this week!
We started the week by making beautiful fall trees. We painted the brown with paint brushes and practiced our fine motor skills by making tinfoil balls and dipping them in fall colours to make the leaves. Here is the song we sang to learn about the colours we were using 🙂
We also made the cutest eaten apples! We sang an apple song to show us what our artwork would look like!
We had a blast exploring different movements this week! We did this fun colours movement song, we had fun playing with balls in the little gym, and played in the big gym! We started practicing listening for the teacher’s whistle and stopping our bodies. We even played Red Light, Green Light!
Other important notes and reminders:
– Our birthday celebration days for all the August and September birthdays are Tuesday, September 28th and Wednesday, September 29th. Due to COVID, we won’t be doing a shared snack. We will be providing mini cupcakes for each student for a special snack on this day and singing happy birthday to the students! Please still send a small healthy snack for this day.
– No School on Thursday September 30th: There will be no Pre-K classes on this day as the school is closed for the National Day of Truth and Reconciliation.
– Orange Shirt Day: In recognition of the National Day of Truth and Reconciliation, Monday, September 27th is Orange Shirt Day at PES.
– COVID-19 Daily Health Checklist: It is imperative that each Pre-K student parent/guardian to review the document below prior to attending school, every day. This checklist does not need to be submitted anywhere or shared with the school/or your teacher. Your child’s attendance at school simply indicates that you have completed this daily screening tool/checklist with them.
**Please remember to keep your child home if they are showing symptoms. We are seeing a lot of runny noses and coughing and are really trying hard to stop the spread of germs to other students and staff! We really appreciate your help and cooperation with this 🙂
– Please join Remind asap if you haven’t already done so!
– Reminder – One Million Words or Less and Pre-Kindergarten checklists are due next week!
– Pick-Up from Pre-K Contacts: Please complete this google form that lets us know who will be picking up your child this form (if you haven’t already done so) ASAP.
– Snacks: Reminder to please only send one or two small snacks. Please refrain from sending more than 3 small items as the students think they need to eat everything that is being packed in their lunch kit and it takes them a long time to finish.
– September Scholastic Reading Club: Our classroom participates in Scholastic Reading Club! You can shop, order, and purchase books online by clicking HERE. Each purchase made provides me with a percentage of the sale as a teacher’s credit, which is used to purchase books and learning materials for the classroom. It’s important to use our class code when ordering: RC162600. The deadline for ordering this month is Monday September 27th.